A Successful Moussaka

I have been trying for several years to make a tasty moussaka using a ground chicken/beef blend and without the bechamel on top and without all the spices that recipes require. I use the chicken/beef blend because with my gout I am not supposed to eat a lot of beef. I don't do the bechamel on top because a good bechamel requires butter and milk. I also dont use a lot of tomato sauce because Ann has problems with that. One of the main fundamental problems is that ground beef these days doesn't come with much fat (and ground chicken with almost no fat) and that means the flavoring is more difficult. For this past weekend, I used a lot of MSG while cooking the beef and this seemed to do the trick of having a good flavor. I had read that MSG was on the 'bad' list years ago but has been rethought and is now not on the bad list (not that it made the good list).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Thought the Sun and Moon were the Same Thing

Covid Response - A Confession : We Were Wrong About COVID and It Cost Lives |

Former Solar/Wind Power Enthusiast Regrets Past 20 Years of HIs LIfe